Loyalists in our Midst

If I lived in colonial times, I would have sided undoubtedly with the Patriots.   Thus, I have written and researched about our Patriot ancestors a great deal.  But I have found out that in our midst, there have been those who were loyal to the Crown.   Among those are our ancestral grandfathers, Col Ambrose Mills, and his son, Major William Mills.  

There has been a great deal of research done on the Mills line.   I am very thankful that generations have kept a written history and have passed down stories through the generations. 

Originally, I thought to include both Ambrose and William Mills' stories on the same page.  However,  as I began to write them, the layout became cumbersome and I feared the second story might get lost if readers grew weary of the lengthy text.  

Click to read about -----> Ambrose Mills, Col

Click to read about -------> William Mills, Maj


The Mills lineage is through the Edney line in my family:

Kate Edney  (Raburn Anglin)   (my 3rd great grandparents)

Calvin Edney   (Lucinda Wilson)

Sarah Mills  (Asa Edney)

William Mills, Maj  (Eleanor Morris)

 Ambrose Mills, Col  (Mourning Stone )


Click to Return to Home Page 


Comments